We all want to conserve our youthful, radiant glow for as long as possible. Regardless, age, stress, sun and facial strain can all impact how your skin ages. Sure, no one can combat skin aging as it is an inevitable process, but there are some tips to take into consideration that may help reduce premature skin aging, wrinkles and fine lines. The following are five tips you can take to improve your skin’s firmness and glow.
- Have a full-proof SPF routine. Dermatoligists and other medical experts recommend using a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 to protect your skin from UV damage. UV rays age your skin by working to break down collagan and cause thinner skin. Applying a high SPF to your skin daily, can be extremely effective in preventing age spots and discoloration. However, if you are seeking a more youthful complexion, try using a moisturizing sunscreen cream and avoid any SPF products that may excessively dry out your skin. Some sunscreen creams even deliver nourishing antioxidants like collagen to your skin. Moisture is essential in your skin maintaining a more vibrant, youthful glow.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser. Cleansers containing a high pH level can be harsh on your skin, leaving it irritated and vulnerable. A gentle cleanser that delivers much needed nutrients to your skin can help fight against damage from free radicals and leave your skin feeling more vibrant and hydrated. A gentler cleanser may also be beneficial because skin tends to become less oily and more sensitive with age. When washing your face, use a light hand and carefully work the product onto your skin in circular motions to avoid over scrubbing and accelerating the aging process.
- Exfoliate at least once a week. As the previous tip mentions, skin tends to become less oily with time. This means there is more dead skin cell build up that results in drier skin as the process of shedding dead skin cells slows over time. In order to accelerate this process, exfoliating once a week can help remove the dead skin that is causing you to have a more dull-looking complexion. It can be beneficial to use an exfoliator that is less irritating like Fyab’s Skin Vitality Renewal Serum. This serum is formulated with 16 gentle ingredients to remove dead skin cells while also reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles through enhanced hydration.
- Do not rub on your serums or moisturizers. As your skin ages, it produces less sebum which means less acne and drier skin. Moisturizers and serums are more important than ever in preventing premature skin aging but be careful how you apply them. It can be a common mistake to just slap your moisturizers and serums on and aggressively rub them in till they seep into your skin. However, this tugging and pulling of the skin can inevitably lead to excessive skin aging. Applying your moisturizer in an upward motion can help train your skin and enhance plumpness to prevent wrinkles and fine lines. Serums can be patted on the skin as they tend to have a higher concentration of active ingredients than a moisturizer. Patting a serum onto your face ensure it is being properly seeped into the skin. Fyab’s Skin Vitality Anti-Aging Serum is rich in ingredients that promote plumping, hydrating results to enhance skin’s firmness and elasticity.
- Incorporate a healthy diet. You are what you eat! If you want to prevent premature skin aging, you need to glow from within. Make sure you are putting good food into your body. Foods like fish, lean meats, beans and legumes help promote strong collagen which can be extremely benefical to a more youthful appearance. Consuming foods high in vitamin C can also be an easy way to combat skin imperfections. Foods high in sugar and white carbohydrates can age you faster by breaking down glucose and should be avoided.