If you have a dry skin type, you have probably struggled with the appearance of dull-looking skin. Dry skin can also impact makeup application, leaving your skin with a “patchy” look. It can be difficult to manage dry skin but knowing some simple steps to incorporate into your skincare routine can be a detrimental step to radiance. The following are five tips to help you manage dryness and improve the appearance of dull, flaky skin.
- Exfoliate. An exfoliating face scrub is VITAL for anyone experiencing dry skin. Dry skin usually means there is dead skin build up on the outermost layer of the skin. The proper exfoliating face scrub can help work off that build up and rid your skin of any dirt left in your pores. The Fyab Skin Vitality Renewal Serumdoes a fantastic job gently exfoliating skin to remove dead skin cells and reveal a brighter, more vibrant face. However, be sure not to over exfoliate as it could take out all your skins natural oils and leave you with even drier skin.
- Take the proper steps in moisturizing. When you have dry skin, it often takes more than just slapping on some moisturizer to do the trick, it is important to follow certain tips to ensure your moisturizer properly soaks in and impacts your skin. The simplest way to do this is to apply moisturizer to damp skin. The best time to effectively moisturize your skin is right after hopping out of the shower or washing your face. Especially after washing with warm water. This is because warm water tends to open up your pores more and moisturizing right after causes the water on your skin to get trapped, leading to deep hydration. Along with moisturizing damp skin comes moisturizing twice a day. Dry skin requires moisturizer in the mornings and at night, preferably after your daily face wash.
- Facial Serums are your best friend. You may find yourself stuck between applying a facial serum or a cream moisturizer. But why not apply both? Dry skin can use all the help it can get, so applying a facial serum before a moisturizer can do the trick and give you the appearance of a glowing complexion. The Fyab Skin Vitality Brightening Serum works to reveal brighter, more luminous skin with the application of one thin layer. Whereas, the Skin Vitality Blemish Control Serum deeply hydrates skin while also combating breakouts. Whatever serum you choose, do not be afraid to layer with your favorite creams!
- Add moisture into the air. We can’t all live in hot, humid environments like Florida. Your surroundings can severely impact the state of your skin and a dry, cold environment often leads to dry, dull skin. Spending a lot of time in air-conditioned air can also suck the moisture out of your skin, causing it to feel even drier. So, how can you even control the environment? You can’t. But you can add moisture back into the air! Try using a humidifier when you are hanging out at home or look into a portable one for your desk at work. Sleeping with a humidifier on in your room can also help you maintain hydrated skin overnight.
- Incorporate facial mists. You may notice your skin is feeling nice and hydrated in the morning but gets drier and drier as the day goes by. This is where a good facial mist comes into play. Facial mists are a great way to keep your skin refreshed and hydrated throughout the day. Try finding mists that are formulated with nourishing, beneficial ingredients to deeply hydrate your skin . My favorite type of mist is rose water. It always leaves my skin feeling better and is extremely refreshing on a hot summer day or when I just need a pick-me-up at work!