Men’s hair care is often overlooked as most men spend very little time in the bathroom getting ready. The idea that less hair means less maintenance, while somewhat true, should be considered if you want to see a fuller, healthier head of hair for longer. Regardless of your hair length or texture, it is important to implement some sort of hair care routine to prevent future thinning, shedding and damaging of hair. The following are some easy tips for men to develop a healthy hair care routine.
1. Skip the daily wash. You may think washing your hair everyday means your hair is cleaner or maybe you just think it’s easier to wash it during your daily shower however, it could be doing more harm than good. Excessively washing your hair may remove your scalps natural oils. These oils are necessary in hydrating your hair and properly stimulating hair growth. When you shampoo your hair daily, you could see a dry, coarse head of hair. Try limiting your hair washes to around three times a week and you will notice a difference in your hair health.
2. Don’t skip the conditioner! Many tend to think that shampooing hair is good enough and conditioner is not necessary. The reason this is a misconception is because when you wash your hair with shampoo, even if that shampoo is gentle, you should still be replenishing your strands with moisture to keep it healthy. Fyab Health’s Hair Vitality Shampoo and Conditioner is the perfect unisex combo that is gentle when cleansing your hair and deeply hydrating when conditioning your hair.
3. Cater to your hair type. If you have naturally straight or slightly wavy hair, chances are you can get away with just using some product and calling it a day. However, those with more textured, thick and curly hair require more of a routine. This hair type desperately needs rich serums and oils to restore hydration and shine. Applying a hair oil like Fyab Health’s Men’s Hair Oil, can help deeply moisturize your curls with nourishing ingredients like Jojoba Seed, Moringa and Argan Oil. These oils and serums must be applied daily to keep your textured hair from drying out.
4. Try a sea salt spray. Volume and shape are often sought out in a man’s daily hair style but pomades and gels may leave your hair feeling dry and dull. If you are looking for another way to achieve these results, look for a good sea salt texturizing spray. This product tends to give hair texture and volume without feeling hard, sticky and dry. It is applied best on damp hair or before you air dry or blow dry.
5. Give your scalp some love. Hair health is often directly linked to scalp health, this means it is important to incorporate ways to care for our scalp. The easiest way to do this is by massaging your shampoo and conditioner into your scalp in the shower. Getting in there with your fingers and nails can help stimulate your scalp and encourage thicker, fuller hair. It also works to exfoliate dead skin cell and product buildup at the roots. A scalp scrub can be a very good way to deeply clean and remove your daily styling products from building up and creating a mess. Once a week should do the trick when it comes to using a scalp scrub in order to ensure a deep clean.