Blackheads, the most frustrating thing to happen to your face because they simply cannot stop coming back! But what actually are blackheads and how do they form? Blackheads are essentially pimples that have risen to the surface of the skin. They form as a result of clogged pores, oil and dead skin build-up causes the black or dark gray tone. Dealing with blackheads can be an annoying, never-ending cycle that must be broken. The following includes 5 simple ways to help rid your skin of annoying blackheads.
- Use pore strips. Pore strips are the easiest way to limit the appearance of blackheads on your nose. However, experts say it is only a temporary fix as it removes the oil and dirt that causes the blackheads but does not prevent them from forming again in the future. The strips work best after you get out of a hot shower as the steam tends to open up your pores. I tend to gravitate towards the charcoal pore strips because the black color of the strip allows me to easily see the work it has done to remove the build-up. You can easily find pore strips anywhere from your local grocery store to a beauty supply store.
- Wash your face twice daily. Keeping your face clean is an important step in preventing oil build-up that can inevitably lead to blackheads. It is important to establish a skincare routine that includes washing your face once in the morning and once at night to remove any harmful dirt and bacteria. The same applies for when you are excessively sweating. It is important to wash your face as soon as possible if you have been excessively sweating or exercising because sweat can easily get trapped in your pores and cause issues. Just make sure to use a gentle cleanser that doesn’t strip your skin completely dry.
- Exfoliate. You may have heard that too much exfoliating can lead to skin irritation and inflamed acne but there is a better way. Exfoliating with a gentle formula can effectively help you remove dead skin cells to avoid pore build-up. A good exfoliator can also help your other products, like moisturizers and serums, sink into your skin better. Experts recommend you do not exfoliate more than three times a week as it can lead to excessive irritation and redness. Fyab’s Skin Renewal Serum is the perfect gentle exfoliant formulated to remove dead skin cells and reveal smoother, more vibrant skin.
- Don’t use too many products. Sometimes less is more. If you overwhelm your skin by applying an excessive amount of products, it will only cause more blackheads. Stick to only a couple of your favorite skincare products to apply daily, ensuring your skin still has some room to breathe. Do NOT skip the moisturizer as it will only increase your oil production and essentially lead to excess oil in your pores. Looking for a gentle, hydrating facial serum? Fyab’s Skin Vitality Blemish Control Serum works to combat breakouts and imperfections with a deeply hydrating formulation of 20 nourishing active ingredients.
- Apply a clay or charcoal face mask. Clay and charcoal can be extremely detoxifying for the skin with many benefits that include effectively removing excess dirt and oil. Activated charcoal helps draw out debris such as dead skin cells and excess oil in your pores. Although the face mask may not immediately clear your skin of all blackheads, with consistent use you will notice a difference. Charcoal and clay face masks can be easily purchased at your local pharmacy, grocery store or beauty supply store