Bad hair days are more common than you think. Everything from the atmosphere to your products can impact how your hair looks and feels. Dry, dull, thinning and frizzy hair can all be extremely frustrating when you are trying to feel confident in your strands. It’s no surprise that a good hair day only comes if you maintain a proper and effective hair care routine. But wait, it doesn’t have to be complicated. The following are five simple tips to incorporate into your daily hair care routine to see a visible improvement in your scalp and hair health.
1. Choose your products wisely. Cheap hair products only dry out and encourage breakage, causing further damage to your strands. In this new era, people have become more cautious about what they put on their body and it is now more important than ever to ensure you are using effective ingredients so READ THE LABELS. Reach for a shampoo and conditioner that is formulated with strengthening ingredients like biotin, caffeine and keratin. Avoid anything with sulfates and parabens as they can further dry your hair and lead to thinning. Although the price point may be higher, products rich in these beneficial ingredients can actually improve your hair health. Fyab Health’s Hair Vitality Shampoo and Conditioners are free from sulfates and parabens and are beneficially formulated with innovative ingredients to encourage thicker, stronger, healthier strands.
2. Avoid heat styling. Although it is extremely tempting to reach for your straightener or curling iron, try and avoid heat styling tools if you want to transform your hair. Constant heat styling can be the leading cause of dry, brittle strands and leave your hair feeling more like hay than long, luxurious locks. Looking for some easy heatless styles? Try sleeping in two loose braids for that natural, beach wave vibe or use low buns to create some curls and texture. Avoiding heat styling tools also means air drying your hair rather than reaching for the blow dryer. Try lightly towel drying with a cotton tee to avoid breakage and encourage your hair to air dry faster.
3. Improve the way you sleep. Did you know how you sleep can greatly impact your hair health? Regular cotton pillowcases encourage frizz and knots in your hair through the friction created while you sleep. The cotton pulls and tugs on your hair and can also increase your shedding. Switching to a silk pillow case can remedy this problem by allowing your hair to maintain its smooth texture while you move around in your sleep. Another important thing to note is to avoid tight hair styles while you sleep. This can just pull your hair more and increase breakage and fallout. If you must sleep with your hair up, try a loose, low bun or ponytail and use a scrunchy as it is often gentler on your hair.
4. Wash your hair less. You have probably heard this one way too much, but it is actually a very important tip if you are looking to have stronger, longer hair. Experts recommend limiting your hair washing to only twice a week so that your hair may maintain its natural oils. Washing your hair often can lead to stripping it of its natural oils and moisture, which means more dry, brittle strands. Try a dry shampoo on days that you do not wash your hair for a quick refresh or incorporate a hair oil to nourish your strands if you must wash more than twice a week. Fyab Health’s Hair Oils are formulated with moringa, jojoba seed and argan oil to deeply moisturize and hydrate your strands while also combatting frizz and breakage.
5. Encourage healthy hair from within. What you eat has a large impact on your skin and hair health. It’s important that you are consuming vital nutrients and maintain a healthy, balanced diet if you want to see fuller, stronger hair. Foods high in protein like leafy green veggies, beans, fish, eggs and chicken as well as foods rich in antioxidants like berries and nuts can all help encourage hair health. Also, be sure you are drinking at least the recommended 8 cups of water daily because staying hydrated is also a very important factor.